IN UNIVERSE PLAYLISTS
If you are a patron of the show, you can read my annotations for these playlists here.
music for your football brain
Just something to keep you company on the bus - Adam
1. "Can't Feel My Face" - The Weeknd (I don't know if you even realize you're doing it, but you mouth along with the words every time this song comes on the radio.)
2. "Hard Out Here" - Lily Allen (yeah, yeah, it's a girly song, but Lily speaks true.)
3. "Here" - Alessia Cara (I don't think anyone has ever described so well what it's like to party with our classmates. At least, I assume, I don't know, you're the one who actually gets invited, you tell me.)
4. "Strawberry Swing" - Frank Ocean (I know you love Coldplay, but trust me - once you hear this, you'll never go back to the original.)
5. "Grade 8" - Ed Sheeran (idk, this song just reminds me of you.)
6. "Water Under the Bridge" - Adele (all hail Adele - this is my favorite off her new album.)
7. "You're Not the Only One" - Jamie Cullum (words to live by.)
8. "Super Trouper" - ABBA (I'll be in the crowd in spirit. Have a good game.
for caleb - x adam
1. "Shut Your Eyes" - Snow Patrol
2. "Golden Train" - Justin Nozuka
3. "On Your Porch" - The Format
4. "Be Mine" - Ellie Goulding and Erik Hassle
5. "Warmer Climate" - Snow Patrol
6. "The Guy That Says Goodbye to You is Out of His Mind" - Griffin House
7. "Like Real People Do" - Hozier
8. "Rob Me Blind" - Jay Brannan
1. "We Move Like the Ocean" - Bad Suns
2. "Jinx" - DNCE
3. "Clocks Go Forward" - James Bay
4. "Where You Go" - The Young Romans
5. "Bloom" - The Paper Kites
6. "Satellites" - Guster
7. "Dreaming" - Smallpools
8. "Little Hell" - City and Colour
9. "Kid in Love" - Shawn Mendes
10. "Living Louder" - The Cab
11. "Meaning" - Gavin DeGraw
12. "Young Forever (Acoustic)" - The Ready Set
mark's mix (or how to survive your first year in college)
These songs got me through college. Hope they can be of use to you too. - Joanie
1. "Where is My Mind" - The Pixies A classic, no-brainer for any alternative rock list. You probably remember me playing it a lot when I was in high school.
2. "Let Down" - Radiohead Changed my life. First heard it riding in the back of a pick-up truck with friends in high school. The best album of the 90’s.
3. "Rebellion (Lies)" - Arcade Fire I could listen to this song on repeat forever and it would never get old.
4. "Girl/Boy Song" - Aphex Twin Like Mozart for the electronica age.
5. "Anthems for a Seventeen-Year-Old Girl" - Broken Social Scene Sitting alone and meditating song. Might be too girly for you.
6. "Paper Tiger" - Spoon Makes me feel cool when I’m driving and singing along.
7. "The District Sleeps Alone Tonight" - The Postal Service My favorite track from what might be the best album of the 2000s.
8. "Skinny Love" - Bon Iver Didn’t hear this ‘til grad school. Didn’t fall in love with it until I had heard it many times.
9. "The Leaving Song" - A.F.I. Something about these lyrics is empowering.
10. "Waltz #2 (XO)" - Elliott Smith This might be the song that got me into indie rock in the first place.
11. "The Wrestle" - Frightened Rabbit OK, this song came out after college. But I really wanted to put Frightened Rabbit on your mix. And this is my favorite track.
12. "Time is Running Out" - Muse A rock song that makes you want to dance. Enough said.
13. "Say It Ain't So" - Weezer One of my favorite songs to karaoke. It never feels dated and everyone knows it.
14. "My Drug Buddy" - The Lemonheads Sadly beautiful. Don’t do drugs, little brother. Mmm’kay?
15. "Places" - Ours Great to sing along to when you’re feeling melodramatic.
16. "Somewhere Over the Rainbow/What a Wonderful World" - Israel Kamakawiwo'ole This might be my favorite song of all time. I think it might be.
17. "Om Nashi Me" - Edward Sharpe & The Magnetic Zeros Again, post-college. But this song just really makes me feel uplifted and full of light. I wanted to end this mix with a track that would fill you with light.